Monday, March 10, 2014

God Has Our Marbles

I always liked that saying, "Fear knocked on the door, faith answered and no one was there." Goliath was a bully. He told David if he beat him that Israel would serve them. If we give into fear, we will be it's slave. Fears, worry and insecurities are going to be in life, but we can be delivered from them.

I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

I went to this women’s Bible study this week and a woman was saying that she collected a bunch of marbles around someone’s house and then she said the Lord lead her to pray for the marbles – she sorted them in piles and she prayed for each family member’s marbles. Then she said the Lord told her to them, “I’ve got your marbles covered,” as far as their mental health issues.

It reminds me of that movie, “Hook” where one of the lost boys with Peter Pan kept talking about he lost his marbles. God has our marbles, he has our tears in a bottle and he will also take our fears, insecurities and worries. But most of all God has the prayers of the saints.

The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God's people, went up before God from the angel's hand. Rev. 8:4
And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God's people. Rev. 5:8

I woke up recently, and I was “stressing” over some issues and I remembered that scripture— I just wonder if worry makes our hair fall out? Our hair is growing every day. When I worry about my future and current problems in life, Jesus told us we can’t change a thing by worry. My fretting about my life won’t change my life.

And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? Matthew 6:27

Joyce Meyer says that it’s like sitting in a rocking chair. I personally like a rocking chair. My brother and I used to fight over sitting in a rocking chair except those glider type make me sea sick. Many of us are comfortable with worry in our life.

And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Matthew 10:30
And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. Matthew 5:36

I was thinking how in the past I would have had “many” job interviews by now. I’ve been praying for favor and my first phone interview this HR manager told me that the person was very impressed with my resume so I saw that prayer request. The next day, after this temptation to “stress” out is when I got a call to come for a physical interview.

It’s nice to “see” our prayers working. When God created the earth he saw the works of his hand that they were good. Satan complained to God that God blessed the work of Job's hands. I wonder if Satan complains to God about our prayers? He probably really hates them.

The Lord gave me a scripture the week before I got a call about an interview to hold fast the confession of my faith when I’m standing on God’s promises in this life.

Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23

A couple months ago, I was headed to a funeral and there was a lack of peace. That is what I will call it because when I have a lack of peace it’s like an “anxiousness” and it takes twice as long to get out the door. I stopped and prayed.
I’m glad I stopped and prayed because as I was driving home there was a lot of ice on the road and I spun out at the front entrance of the subdivision. I did not hurt my car where a couple of years ago, I hit a sign at the front entrance. There are several dangerous hills in my subdivision. I’ve hit a stop sign before also on one of those hills.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philip. 4:6-7

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28


No comments:

Post a Comment