Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It's a Pink Elephant

If I tell you not to think about pink elephants, than what are you going to think about? Pink elephants. It sort of reminds me of my mother baking cookies and after my smelling them, she tells me I can't eat one.

I meet several divorced men that seem to have pink elephant issues. They will say, "I believed marriage was for a life time, but after a 35-year marriage and only three years was fun, I'm only out to have fun, no commitments."

Kudos they stayed for 35-years in a bad relationship, but does that mean because of one bad relationship, we are going to have every relationship fail? Is that seeing ourselves as a failure?

How much energy does it take to believe something right vs. something wrong? It's changing our thinking to right believing/right thinking.  "As a man thinks in his heart so is he."

It sort of reminds me of a job.  Just because we have one bad manager at work does not mean that there are all bad managers.

As a single person, I think about certain things all the time. As a married person, I thought about some of the same things -- sex and companionship. Sarah and Abraham thought about having children a lot. Obviously, they decided to try with Sarah's handmaid.

Eve must have had a pink elephant issue in thinking about the tree of knowledge of good and evil. She added a section about "not touching" the tree that was not spoken by God.

But the neat thing about being in God's Plan B is His plan B is still good. Jesus was the second Adam and the New Covenant was better than the law. I woke up one morning and I heard in my spirit, "I have you on a detour road since your husband's death." So I'll take God's detour road over being out of the will of God.

Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it. The Lord God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; 17but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die." Genesis 2:16-17

The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'" Genesis 3:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment