Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Women Engineers

In my high school there was a girl who always liked Science. She ended up being a Radiologist. I always liked movies about Science Fiction, so I'm a Sci Fi major....LOL

I grew up with a brother and boys so I was always in competition with the boys in the neighborhood athletically. Grew up between two Catholic families so we had our own kickball, baseball, and football teams. What I found in marriage there can be a "healthy" type competition and my son and I used to compete about our college grades since I went to college late in life.

I liked to "pick" my husband's brain because he was an intellectual when it came to big words. He was a walking encyclopedia and he knew since I was a Christian a lot longer than him that I knew more of the Bible.

I found in time that since my mother had that engineering personality that if I married someone more like my mother I would be better off. My dad was more of the romantic and sensitive type and I found that was not a good match for me. Plus I'm not the "hand holder" type like most women. I have more of that "fix it mentality."

I was asking a guy how we overcome that fix it mentality. My late spouse and I knew we could not fix each other. Being divorced we learned our lesson the hard way, but we were always trying to fix each other's children. So one of my guy friends said that he just learned he had to "let it go."

Many people don't want to be fixed they want to be loved -- no matter what. That when you see all my faults or I see all your faults that you can still love me.

I heard a minister say that God does not love us any more by what we do and God does not love us any less by what we do. That is because his love is unconditional based on what Jesus Christ did.

What many people get confused about is when it says "faith without works is dead." What we could say that works is a by-product of faith. Faith works by love, but we are told now abides faith, hope and love and the greatest is love.

My relationship with Jesus is based out of love, giving is based out of love/worship of him, he is the lover of my soul. Same in marriage, my late spouse was the lover of my soul.

Many of us go out and try to fix a problem in our life or fix other people, but we realize that not everyone wants to be fixed, but everyone wants to be loved.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Come and get free moving images for blog.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete