Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Want to Be a Doritos Stuck in Satan's Throat

I was listening to this comedian last night say how he wanted to be a Doritos stuck in Satan's throat.  I thought it was especially funny after going on a job interview with seven people on a committee when they did not offer me any water.

At first, I was sort of freaked out that I was going to get choked up or dry mouth in the interview and be embarrassed so I got hit with a mild anxiety attack. I started praying under my breath.

I never understood anxiety attacks before but I sure do now.  In the past, when I would try out for show choirs and cheer leading in high school, I would freeze up in front of people.  It took several years for me to get up and lead worship with my guitar and I prefer to have another person lead it with me.  Singing does not bother me, it's singing and playing.  I find it's easier to do one or the other.

Hard to walk and chew gum at the same time....LOL

It was hard to sing in front of the homeless without my backup keyboardist on Friday.  Moses was the same way, he focused on his lack of speaking ability.  I talked to a man bound by alcohol.  I've seen people delivered immediately and some people healed gradually..

Jesus said he had all authority and we have power through the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8).  He told me although he has wanted to commit suicide that he lives to drink.  Instead of drinking and eating to live, his addiction keeps him going in life.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8

It's neat to see God come through despite our fears and failings and even our weaknesses.  God knew that Adam and Eve were going to fall and several times in the Bible it refers to how God planned to send his son even before the world was created. So although that movie Noah twists around the reason for the flood, God's idea was to preserve a seed through David to send Jesus. Even in Adam and Eve's failing--and mishap, God gave a prophesy.

God chose him as your ransom long before the world began, but he has now revealed him to you in these last days. 1 Peter 1:20

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." Genesis 3:15 

Paul learned that in his weaknesses he was made strong in Christ.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Cor. 12:9

The law was given by Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.  Most people look in the Old Testament and realize there is no way we can live like that so they had to trust in the blood of bulls and goats if they sinned because if they broke one rule, than they were guilty of breaking the whole law.   They had to continually offer the blood of bulls and goats each year when now Christ has cleansed us forever.

We put our continual trust (our faith) in the blood of Jesus Christ who washes away our sin.  Not only once and for all (it is finished on the cross) but also it cleanses our conscience daily of any dead works. 

I like the way it calls it “dead works.”

how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. Hebrews 9:14

No comments:

Post a Comment