Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Lord, I Want a Hall Pass From Being Single

I was in a funk last weekend, and God always has a way of cheering me up. I never laughed so hard watching myself in those Galaxy Quest actors. They were trying to figure out how to make their spaceship work only my spaceship is being single after being happily married.

Sometimes God uses people to cheer me up, but last weekend it was a movie. He is the “God of all comfort.” (Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 2 Cor. 1:3)

The part where the actor is trying to maneuver the spaceship through a mine field and he was shy about getting blown up by mines I can relate to. Then there are these mean demon looking children that keep saying over and over, “Rock, Rock, Rock” before a rock monster comes along.

Sort of reminds me of this dump truck that threw a rock the size of a baseball at my car window when I went to encourage a friend who lost his mother.

I was listening to the news about how they are killing and persecuting Christians and burning churches in Africa because Christians don’t fight back. It’s sort of the Hunger Games with Christians in that region. Maybe the “right to bear arms” is not such a bad idea?

Praying, praising, thanking God when things go bad, fasting, tithing, giving, confessing the word, wearing my armor, fighting the fight of faith, sanctification and holiness, it’s all a bit much on top of persecution. God, I want a hall pass from being a single believer.

Lord forget the Christianity, can I just be your child? Can it be about what I am not what I do? Can I be like those simple good aliens on Galaxy Quest where they have faith and trust that things will work out? The spaceship works, I've just not figured out how to use it correctly.

Maybe they mistrusted the actors because they only pretended. Can I crawl up in your lap Jesus like those children you said not to send away to your disciples?

My daughter told me, “Mom it’s all going to come out in the wash.” But the socks get lost in the wash! Either what we go through in life will break us or it will make us stronger. We may lose our socks.

Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. Acts 14:22

I heard someone talk about being victorious in Christ . It’s in Christ. It’s not about our education, our ability, our intelligence, our stamina in order to make it through life.

But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 15:57

When it all boils down to it – it’s being for him, to him, through him, in him, it’s not us. We are co-laborers with God, but we have better deal as far as God does not need anything from us, we are the ones that need him.

For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen. Romans 11:36

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. 1 Cor. 8:6

No comments:

Post a Comment