Sunday, September 28, 2014

Gaining Ground

Is life like a blow out football game? Or is it more like we are gaining ground through rushing the football, not a large passing game.

At times, I get very aggravated at life and it seems very slow at times. Then I look back and I remember where I came from. It's like Joyce Meyer said, "I'm not where I should be, but thank God I'm not where I came from."

I can remember at 16 years old I swore/cussed like some sailors. Not everything that comes out of my mouth is 100% positive, but I can remember the "f" word was continual out of my mouth. Another one was controlling my temper at times. It tells us that a person who does not control his temper is like a city without walls. The list goes on and on and just in dealing with grief the last seven years, I've made some strides although progress has been slow.

There is an example in the Bible of a Canaanite woman who her daughter was demon possessed. She had to by-pass the disciples to get to Jesus and even Jesus said it was not God's timing to help her because he was only called to the Jews.

The Canaanite woman was persistent in getting her child set free. It's very sad that the very gift of a child (blessed is the fruit of the womb) became a curse in her life. She was living with the devil . I've spoken to many people who have had sort of a "black sheep" in the family.

Sometimes what we love can become a curse in our lives (he that finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.) Sometimes a marriage or a loved one is like a curse. Because of her faith, she got her daughter well, even going outside of God's time table.

And a Canaanite woman from that region came out and began to cry out, saying, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed."But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, "Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us." Matthew 15: 22-23

But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, "Lord, help me!" And He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." Then Jesus said to her, "O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed at once. 24-28

No comments:

Post a Comment