Monday, October 20, 2014

Trample Down Giants Part I

David did not sit around and talk about Goliath, a giant, or his problems like his brothers, and all the army of Israel and Saul. The whole army of Saul and Saul himself would not face Goliath. They were all afraid focusing on the giant. David was the sole person who believed his God was bigger than Goliath. David was a loner.

When Saul and all Israel heard these words of the Philistine, they were dismayed and greatly afraid. 1 Samuel 17:11

There is a time to “confess our faults” it says one to another and pray for one another that we may be healed, When I hear about what I’m not doing right all the time, I get focused on myself and then those giants they call out my name.

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16

It’s hearing about the greater one is inside of us by the Holy Spirit. It’s getting the focus off of self (deny self and pick up our cross).

But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. 1 John 4:4

Paul talked about a sentence of death and I determined the same thing. I determined that my spouse had high blood pressure and cholesterol which he passed away in two months and I was next to go. I had high blood pressure and cholesterol too. My blood pressure was 155/ I can’t remember the other number but it probably was some medicine I was on that had an ill affect on me. There are some problems I can control and other problems I can't.

In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead. 2 Cor. 1:9

Through God’s grace, I lost a lot of extra weight. We have this one body (or temple) on earth that God can use. No point in asking God “why” when we put a bunch of bad food in our body all day long. We pray over our food and eat our food in faith. There are some things I find very hard to eat “in faith.”

Some of us started the race well now we need “finishing grace.” It may be to eat better at our age, exercise, “do” certain things and most of all trust God.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

David had a “momentum” going, he killed a bear and a lion and to him Goliath was just like another animal.
Goliath felt insulted that they sent David (Am I a dog that you come to me with sticks?).

David said, “By my God I can run through a troop and leap over a wall.” Psalm 18:29, 2 Samuel 22:30
Paul, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philip 4:13
Jesus said, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment