Tuesday, October 14, 2014

God's Prosperity

I’ve heard some ministers call certain teachings a “false prosperity” message.  I believe it’s best to say that God is provisional.  I go into that more in a later blog.  I like to tell people on their birthday, “Live long and prosper.” That is because I heard this message that Spock on Star Trek when they were making the Vulcan sign, he used a sign very close to a Rabbi blessing since he is Jewish.

Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 John 1:2

The above verse seems to imply that as our soul is prospering then it filters down to our health and wealth.  Too many focus on things rather than prosperity being a result of worship.  That we are worshiping God with our giving.  Is Jesus worth my spare change or is God worth my whole life? 

A woman poured out the whole bottle of ointment  (a year’s wages) on Jesus feet.  A widow gave two mites which was all her living.   What we give represents our life work.  Jesus poured out his blood on the cross.

I had a dream about two years ago that an evil man was stabbing me with a sword and trying to steal money out of my right hand.  I knew that meant that I was going to lose my job and there was going to be an attack on my finances.  That I had to let go of the money (my job) I was holding on to it.

Many of God’s people have been under spiritual attack.  I heard a missionary talk about how they closed the church down for six months to focus on helping people in their country because the whole town was under attack – the whole town was under flood waters.  

I started meditating on the fact that the money was in my right hand and I started to think about God’s right hand. I remember singing a Psalm, You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

What is at God’s right hand?

You have given me your shield of victory. Your right hand supports me; your help has made me great.  Psalm 18:35

Your right hand, O LORD, is glorious in power. Your right hand, O LORD, smashes the enemy. Exodus 15:6

The strong right arm of the LORD is raised in triumph. The strong right arm of the LORD has done glorious things! Psalm 118:16

Jesus sat down at the right hand of God.

But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, Hebrews 10:12
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Mark 16:19
Jesus has been made our wisdom….

God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin. 1 Cor. 1:30

It says that if God gave his only son, how much more will he freely give us all things along with
Jesus!

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32

I was teasing my roommate how it would be neat if money grew on trees and how my children would tell when they were small, “Mom just write a check.“  Of course, we have to have money in our bank account.

When I get money I don’t eat the seed.  I plant the seed so I have a harvest in my spiritual bank account to make withdrawals.  It’s sort of like when I got married there were these love deposits my husband made into the love account as far as I began to trust him and count on him.   He built a history of love deposits in dating that carried over in marriage in the love bank.

When I get to heaven, I don’t want Jesus looking at me and say, “Hey Mary I’ve got all these blank checks up here with my name on it so why did you not cash them in?"

Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.  John 14:13-14

I've been building up my heavenly bank account and I want to make withdrawals now.  The only difference is I want to see my money to believe it where we are to believe and we see it.

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."  Matthew 21:22   

1 comment:

  1. You should really work on your writing skills, as you are all over the place and hard to follow.

    ReplyDelete