Friday, April 18, 2014

Today My Account Representative (Jesus) Paid My Debts in Full and Sweeten the Account


It’s nice to have a mediator in life – that can happen with problems in being charged too much for an account bill, problems in marriage or problems with teen children. It can be an account representative, a pastor or a counselor who helps mediate problems. It can even be a good defense attorney if we have to go to court. If we are having problems with a teacher for a grade, and we don’t see eye-to-eye with our professor, we may need a third party.

I woke up this morning in a “business” frame of mind and I was opening my bills to pay them, and I was livid when I saw my new Xfinity bill was over $400.00. I got back to back bills within a week.

The whole purpose I changed from AT&T was to get my bills down which I thought $180 a month was too high and I did not even have many channels like HBO. I also got a land phone line as part of the package. I try to keep two renters in my house, and so I have to keep cable and wireless Internet for them and my daughter does her college homework at my house.

Immediately, I heard that scripture in the back of my mind, “I will bless the Lord at all times his praise shall continually be in my mouth.”

I had choice is I could stay angry (be angry and sin not) or thank the Lord. I gritted my teeth and thanked the Lord. I called the account representative who set up my account here n my neighborhood. He called their business office, and straightened out the problem. I also got $10.00 knocked off my bill down to $136.00/month.

It’s nice when our account representative “sweetens” the package.

Even God gets angry, it is what we do with our anger. It tells us that God is “slow” to wrath.

What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath--prepared for destruction? Romans 9:22

Jesus is our mediator between God and man. He was the high priest that not only offered the sacrifices of a life and ministry to God, but also his very own life. He was the sacrificial lamb that God provided in place of Isaac when Abraham was willing to give God his son. Only that lamb was a “representative” of the lamb to come.

Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, "My father!" And he said, "Here I am, my son." And he said, "Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?" 8Abraham said, "God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.

When Jesus said, “it is finished” --he settled the account, he paid our debts in full.
I also like those added sweeten packages from God, which are “all things.”

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?  Romans 8:32

Most people have a health care mediator or they have a Will with an executor to carry out their wishes since they are not here to carry out those wishes. The New Testament or the Will and wishes of God.

Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one. Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law.… Galatians 3:20-21

Moses interceded for a generation of people, but although God promised for them to go into the promise land of milk and honey, they did not mix that prophesy (word from God) with faith and they all died in the wilderness except Joshua and Caleb.

For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. Hebrews 4:2

I would not want to leave earth not having my debts settled with God, with man or even if I sinned against my own self. It says if we commit sexual immorality we sin against our own selves.

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 1 Cor. 16:18

God’s word tells us “whatever is not of faith is sin.” That can be a whole array of things in my life.

I don’t have faith to eat spicy food or curry powder because one time at Indian Palace and my husband thought he was going to have to take me to the hospital since I had ingestion for hours due to Acid Reflux.

Paul talked about not having faith to eat certain foods.

But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin. Romans 14:23

“Everything” not of faith is sin.

I don’t have the faith to be single, but I don’t have the faith to marry a man yet. If you don’t want to give an account to a marriage partner (have a check in policy or have them tell you what to do probably not a good idea to get married). It’s a lot like a job where you have some managers in the office a lot wanting you do to certain things and then some gone. I find that some managers or a spouse are more needy than others.

I need grace in these situations where I don’t have faith in which I could make a list of. Before trying to dive into another relationship and I’m one of those people who like to put my toes in the water. I don’t want to end up diving into a lake like Joni Eareckson Tada and having a spinal injury because I don’t know what is in the lake.

Part of the interview process in dating or finding a job is to see how “comfortable” we will be with a new manager. I heard that a lady or gentleman is a person who makes you feel comfortable at all times in their presence. So I like a real gentleman. It's a person in marriage or management, I'm the most comfortable being around in life on a regular basis.

I heard a good sermon recently how Jesus is approachable. Little children liked to climb in his lap and put their hands on his face, and probably fondle his hair. That is how it should be in coming to Jesus with our prayer request. It tells us to come “boldly” before the throne of grace.

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Who wants to serve a God or be in a marriage with a man who is tyrant?

I like it that my two-year grandson likes to be around me. He is always trying to get me to sit in the rocker with him, but than when I go to sit down, he moves. He likes to play these games with me. I guarantee my grandson does not want me sitting on him!. Nor do I want God sitting on me either! LOL

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.… 1 Timothy 2:5
You have come to Jesus, the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks of forgiveness instead of crying out for vengeance like the blood of Abel. Hebrews 12:24
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. Hebrews 9;15
But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises. Hebrews 8:6

No comments:

Post a Comment