Friday, May 9, 2014

Be A Blessing


Jesus bless my friends and family today.

As a believer, we are called to give and receive blessings. Charles Stanley did a good teaching recently on how when we go to heaven, we receive rewards not on what we receive, but on what we give.

It's the same now as far as we are told not to be deceived that God is not mocked, that what we sow, we will reap. Galatians 6:7. We are a blessing to our family, our jobs and our church. Some places, we can use our talents more than other places.

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1Peter 3:9

Although as a widow, I can marry anyone I wish as long as they are a believer, there are some people that I know when I have a good relationship than its easier to use my talents than if I'm in strife and fighting with a spouse.

When we look for the positive in people -- look for their strengths and do not focus on faults and flaws than we are bringing Jesus to others because love covers a multitude of faults.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.1 Peter 4:8
Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. Proverbs 10:12

Right after I lost my spouse, I wanted to sell my house. I told some others it was like a weight on my neck. The Lord spoke to my spirit to go up to my house and say, "My home is blessed."

Right after that, I had 17 single socials at my house. It's using our things for the glory of God. God does not need our stuff, but we can use our things to bless people. Peter let Jesus use his boat to preach in. Jesus overfilled his boat so he had to call for other boats. It's so funny because Peter had been fishing all night and did not catch any thing. Sometimes it's thinking outside the box.

And He got into one of the boats, which was Simon's, and asked him to put out a little way from the land. And He sat down and began teaching the people from the boat. 4When He had finished speaking, He said to Simon, "Put out into the deep water and let down your nets for a catch." 5Simon answered and said, "Master, we worked hard all night and caught nothing, but I will do as You say and let down the nets."When they had done this, they enclosed a great quantity of fish, and their nets began to break. so they signaled to their partners in the other boat for them to come and help them. And they came and filled both of the boats, so that they began to sink.… Luke 5:4-6

As a young Christian I was in a missionary group where we lived in campers and tents. It was a little hard to "entertain" people and than I traveled with my spouse who was a musician living in cheap hotels and people's homes at times. I hated to "impose" on people. So now it's been nice to actually own something that I can be a blessing which has included giving to homeless ministry financially and doing music for them.

She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. Proverbs 31:20

There have been times I've been poor and needy financially.

My home is blessed, my health is blessed, my things are blessed, my finances are blessed, my children are blessed, my grandchildren are blessed, my cattle (dogs, cats, horses) are blessed, God has blessed the work of my hands, the words of my mouth. Satan complained that God had blessed the work of Job's hands. I thank you Lord the blood of Jesus is over my house like it was in Egypt. It's over my life. I am a blessing everywhere I go. Duet. 28

The blessing of the Lord makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it. Proverbs 10:22

No comments:

Post a Comment