Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Getting a New Vision


Of all the ministries I've done since I've been single again, I prefer one on one evangelism with people.  As far as someone calling me to pray for a loved one who has loss or go talk to them.

Lately, I was asked to do music for a homeless ministry.  Although, two times I've gotten sick with a stomach virus so it's been rather an endurance contest to make it there and the first time I went to serve I got sick the next day after shaking someone's hand.  Sort of reminds me of how Paul had to shake off the snake into the fire at the island.

It's also very different as far as getting a couple songs in before 50-75 people eat and run.  It reminds me of some of the single socials at my house I've hosted where some singles scope out for a partner, and if one does not pop up in thirty minutes that suits their interest they are gone.  Same with a lot of single Bible studies I've gone to where people don't last very long at them. 

It sort of defeats the purpose of why I do single socials which is to encourage a fellowship of believers.  Jesus complained that the people were only there for the food when he blessed the food and fed the 5,000.  They were not there to hear the word from God.

I've been diligent to come 15 minutes early to my interviews for jobs.  I actually spoke to someone who was new in town and was late to an interview and she still got the job.  But I make sure I'm doing my part to dress the part and be there diligently. 

I think about that when God came looking for Adam to walk with him in the cool of evening.  God I don't want to miss my appointments with you!

I had three dreams about my former husband.  I dreamed that I saw him and I really wanted to talk to him again, but I did not have his phone number and it was the first time we met. No one knew him so I had to wait till Sunday when I would see him again.  


Than I dreamed that he had not come home in three days.  I went to his job and I had to hunt for him since his office had moved and I suggested that we go out with his work friends and he just blew me off.  I had another dream very similar.  I felt so devastated that my spouse blew me off.
At first I thought it was the enemy trying to torment me. Than I realized the three dreams were from God.  That at times I had blown off God and he had to wait to Sunday to fellowship with me.  I remember how baffled and hurt I was that my husband did not want to talk to me in three days and that is how Jesus is when I don't fellowship with him. I've been called into fellowship with the Father through the son.  Its an intimacy and we see it in the Songs of Solomon.


I'm desperate for you God, I'm lost without you.


But respond favorably to your servant's prayer and his request for help, O Lord my God. Answer the desperate prayer your servant is presenting to you. 2 Chronicles 6:19

There have been some battles going on in my life and the biggest one has been despair (no hope). Thursday, I had people pray about two interviews for discernment and than both jobs closed in my face, and I was in a funk because it was not what I was believing or expecting. I was not expecting two closed doors.  Later that afternoon I got an email for another job interview this week.

I prayed about what was going on in my life and I came up with the scripture that I need a new vision in life. I need a new prophetic vision.  The grass has not been greener on the other side as far as I enjoyed the pastures I was grazing in for marriage.


People perish for lack of a vision and they also throw off restraint (sin).  When we lose a spouse because of death or divorce, we can lose our vision and hope for our future, so we need a new vision and a new hope in life. It’s good to have a vision for our family, our children, our ministry, our future.


Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint (perish), but blessed is he who keeps the law. Proverbs 29:18


The blessing of the Lord makes rich and he adds no sorrow with it.  I like the blessing from the Lord, the relationship from the Lord, a job from the Lord, a ministry from the Lord, because it has no sorrow with it.

The blessing of the Lord makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it. Proverbs 10:22


That is really what I look for in life.  A church/ministry where I can be a blessing.  A manager/job where I can be a blessing, a relationship like I had where we blessed each other.  I’m called to inherit and give blessings.  I am a blessing everywhere I go.


Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.  1 Peter 3:9


If the blessings have stopped, than I look at what is clogging up the blessings in life?  Lord is there something I’ve done where the blessings are not flowing in my life? 

Do I need to be more persistent in my prayer and in my confession of my faith in life?

From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it. Matthew 11:12

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. Hebrews 4:14 and Hebrews 10:23



No comments:

Post a Comment