Sunday, May 4, 2014

King Kong (Beast) Meets Real Beauty


My 2 l/2 year old grandson was looking through my DVDs and he picked out King Kong for me to put on. I fast forwarded through the slow parts until it came to the part where King Kong was fighting the T-Rex dinosaurs, which I know he only likes the action scenes.  I noticed it’s on cable TV today. If you go visit the Empire State building you can buy a little statue of King Kong on top of the building.  

I always liked the movie as a little girl.  I like the remake with Jack Black playing the movie producer who has a self-serving position where people are dying all around him and all he thinks about is making a movie.  I can relate to people like that.

Although the movie focused on a beautiful actress and King Kong does not eat her or kill her like the cannibals and others, what the real meaning of the movie is that true beauty is inside.   The woman cared what happened to the beast.   

I also like the part where the beast was happy to sit down and look at the sunset to get away from the jungle.  First fighting the jungle of the wild island, but then man’s jungle of New York City.  He also enjoyed sliding around on the frozen pond.  It contrasts man’s world.   

It’s easy to focus on the hustle and bustle of our society, technology, sports or material things that man does rather than the beauty of God’s creation.

The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge. Psalm 19:1-2

When Jesus comes back he is coming back for the Bride of Christ – not a put together mechanical bride like the Bride of Frankenstein or worse the Bride of Chucky, but a beautiful bride.

..it’s the inner character qualities.   Today at the church I attended there was an evangelist and he made an appeal for people to surrender their life to Christ and it was good to see so many people stand up.    It’s sharing the gospel that brings conviction.  It’s our ministry to share God’s word and the Holy Spirit to do the conviction. 

But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.…John 16:8-11

Revival starts with the church when we are willing to give up the toys of the senses, for the blessings of the Spirit.   When we leave our body and this world, all we can take with us is what is in our hearts either good or bad.   Beauty is within, our body deteoriates.   Man focuses on the outside, but God focuses on the heart.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Cor. 4:16
Your adornment must not be merely external-- braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. 1 Peter 3-4
Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom. Psalm 51:6
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,  Ephesians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment